26.6.12

Movie: The Seven Year Itch

As much as I love Marilyn Monroe, I really haven't been exposed to her movies.

Before The Seven Year Itch, I've only seen Let's Make Love and All About Eve (in which she's not even a major character).

But, I do love her! I think she's the perfect combination of innocent and sultry.
Speaking of, I think the most attractive quality is that mixture of adorable and sexy. I suppose that whole "girl next door" concept is similar to this theory.

Anyways, I usually stay away from older movies (I know I know. sue me).
But, recently, I've been running out of movies to watch on Netflix that interested me. So, I figured, Why not a Marilyn Monroe movie?

In this particular film, she is literally the girl next door.
It's about a man who has been married for seven years, going through what is known as 'the seven year itch,' during which spouses lose interest in each other (well, men...).

Half the movie consists of the man letting his vivid imagination go wild with paranoia from being completely infatuated with the girl next door, Marilyn Monroe, while his wife and son are away on vacation in Maine.

This movie has that most famous Marilyn Monroe moment of her standing on an air vent with that beautiful white halter dress as the skirt flows wildly, exposing her legs.

Even though she is that typical dumb blonde in this movie with such naivete, Marilyn Monroe has that charm that make every man fall madly in love her.

It's such a tragedy that she passed away so young. But, at the same time, would she have been happy growing old and possibly losing that magnetism as time passes as the public loses interest and moves onto the next new thing?

Pondering,

Hayon


No comments:

Post a Comment