3.7.12

About me: Tall

I am quite tall for a girl.

To be exact, I am 5' 8.75".

So, practically 5' 9''.

I used to hate it growing up. I stood out. I looked like a giant. I was already feeling awkward, and the height didn't help. It was weird with boys since so surprisingly many of my guy friends are either as tall as me or slightly shorter. People always commented on my height. I didn't feel delicate or girly.

All of these things did not help during puberty. lol.

However, now I love it.

It separates me from the rest of tiny Asian girls. I stand out! My legs are long. Clothes don't look awkward on me. I don't feel like a little girl. And I have a little more room to eat since I'm a giant anyways and have a bit more room to spare. And since I have began to lose weight, I love how my clothes fit on me, and on good days, I feel like a JC Penny model lol. And now I just wear heels if I want to wear them, and do not give a fuck about how people may think i'm a godzilla.

Obviously, it's not my physical appearance that  changed.
I feel more comfortable in my skin as I grow up.
I still have more internal things to work out to really remember what makes me beautiful and that I am beautiful no matter what.

But, I no longer hunch and slouch in an effort to make myself look a bit smaller (which had the affect of making me look like a hunchback.. not attractive). I no longer look at other petite girls, just wishing that I could shrink somehow. I stretch regularly to let my body grow or whatever it wants to do (even though I doubt that I'd be growing at this point).

I'm proud and thankful that I am who I am and I look as I do.
Of course, there are so many things I still would love to wave a magic wand and change about myself physically. However, that doesn't mean i'm going to recklessly get plastic surgeries or go cry to myself.
Everything in moderation. lol
I'm not too proud or resentful.

I'm just glad to be me.

I'm glad that I'm the only me.

Content,

Hayon

No comments:

Post a Comment