8.7.12

Done: Date with Mom!

So, I thought it would be fun to spend a day in LA with mom since she hasn't seen a lot of LA.

Our original plan was to go to LACMA, but I thought the Getty might be more fun since we both enjoy classical art more than modern art.

We started the day with lunch at Jitlada.
I've never been before, but I heard that it's one of the best Thai food ever!

I realized that they specialize in Southern Thai food. I have never had Southern Thai food before, but from my experience from Jitlada, it is effing spicy.

Morning Glory Salad

Jungle Pork Rib Curry (or something like that..)

The Morning Glory Salad with Shrimp was delicious!!! Tangy and Sweet. I don't usually like a lot of fried things in my food, but with the dressing and the shrimp, the salad was amazing!!

But, everything went south when the Curry came out. OH MY GOD.
IT IS THE SALTIEST AND THE SPICIEST FOOD I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE.
My tongue was numb and hands started tingling. Finished my cup of water.
Same reaction from Mom.
We had one scoop full and were done.
I mean it was strangely addicting in the end though...

We took most of it home and cooked it with more veggies and meat to make it edible.

Problems other than the spiciness:
1. took forever to get the food.
2. small restaurant
3. yucky smell
4. THEY CHARGE FOR RICE!

But, I want to go back..
lol

Then, to soothe our poor mouths, I decided to take her to Urth Caffe, one of my favorite places!

We went to the one in Beverly Hills and ended up walking a mile overall to get the coffee and come back lol. Because I miss calculated how far it was from the parking lot... hahaha
It was interesting walking there and back, and paid a visit to Anthropologie!
Not too bad!

I got my usual green tea latte, and my mom got the spanish latte.
(:
YUMS

Then, went to the Getty!

 My favorite artist & one of my favorite paintings <3




Beautiful day there.
We walked a lot!
We really enjoyed it (:

After we were done, we decided to get dinner near the Grove.
Since we've eaten at the Grove before, I decided that Little Next Door would be great!
Cute little bistro style.

 We found a parking spot relatively easily haha.

Ordered a calamari salad and the mussel entree.
DELICIOUS!

Then we drove back and stopped by a Korean market to shop for groceries.

It was a really fun day (:

I want to do it again, and maybe my broho and dad can come along too!

FUNFUNFUN,

Hayon

No comments:

Post a Comment