11.7.12

Random Thoughts: Period

Is it gross to talk about period?
Probably.

But, is it an extremely relevant and ubiquitous part of girl's/women's lives?
Heck yes.

For me, it is the only thing that makes me so angry about being a girl (maybe other than giving birth, but that seems like you at least have the option to refuse).
I may have more things to be angry about, but I can't think of anything right now because I am currently suffering from cramps.

And along with the uncalled-for cramps, period just comes with other fun things.
1. forgetfulness
2. extreme mood swings that can range from jumping up and down in joy to crying my eyes out for no apparently reason to volcano eruption like rage
3. pain. everywhere. mostly in the abdominal areas and back
4. purely uncomfortable situations
5. I want to punch everyone (comes with the mood swings, but important to emphasize)
6. losing 2 weeks out of every month to period.
7. skin issues

yea. that's right. TWO WEEKS.

the week prior to the actual torture that is called period, I suffer from PMS.
Pre-menstrual syndrome.
that's what it stands for, I hope. I am too lazy to look it up.
And it also bothers me when people refer to PERIOD as PMS.
They are different!
Anyways, yea. During my PMS period, I am grouchy and my body starts giving out and gives up.
So, I guess I should take some comfort at the fact that I can predict when I will go through the torture week, but at the same time, it just seems unfair that I am suffering HALF THE YEAR.

Also, during the actual torture, my brain refuses to work, along with my body.
So, I am pretty much a bedridden, grumpy, pained, retarded BEAST that should not and does not want to interact with other people or things.

But seriously, people need to leave me the fuck alone.

However, ironically, something important ALWAYS come up when I am suffering.

For example, I am leaving for Vegas tmrw.
WHY? because my family wanted to go with dad for his business trip.
They obviously disregarded my plea and went ahead with the plan.
I am just praying at this point that advil and midol will miraculously make the pain go away (which sometimes isn't the case...).
Sitting in the car for 4 hours AND suffering from the unbearable heat of the desert seem REALLY unappealing during my period week.

I have about 10% interest in going to Vegas right now.
I've been many times before.
Call me ungrateful, but I seriously just want to rest at home and do nothing.


So, I should list good things about having period.
1. excuse for acting absolutely crazy and bitchy
2. my body refuses to eat, so I do tend to lose weight.
3. I get to appreciate the other half of the year.

I think that's about it.

Every month, I wish for a hysterectomy.

I'm, at this point, almost 70% sure that I don't want kids.
so... getting rid of the one thing that's been making me suffer seems rather appealing at the peak of my cramps.
Obviously, half joking and half desperately wishing for it to happen... :(

I envy those girls that are like.. yea my period is so short and blahblahblah.
STFU!
GAHHHHHH.

yes, there's the option of birth control pills.
But, I'm kinda iffy about messing with my hormones since I don't want to alter my body that way.
And taking pills everyday seems like a bitch.
I try to stay away from pills as much as possible; although it seems impossible to stay away from advil once in a while (I take gummy bear multivitamin like a child because I hate pills).
So, no on BC pills.
and also no to other forms of hormone things.. they kinda freak me out.

So, I just have to wait until I hit menopause (which comes with its own sorts of crazy fun things, I've heard).

Let me just bury myself in sorrow and pity,

Hayon

No comments:

Post a Comment