23.5.12

Done #11: Improv Comedy Show

So since I've moved back home, I don't get to see my boyfriend very often. Obviously, it was way more convenient when both of us were in LA.

So, when I do see him, we try to make it worth our while!

He picked me up, and I was craving pasta. And what better place to get my load of carbs than Olive Garden???? haha

And one of my "wish list" was to get a glass of wine with my pasta - so I ordered a wine-ish drink. haha

I wanted something sweeter than just wine lol. whatever! I have no shame.

Anyways, the food I ended up getting was the soup, salad and breadstick combo, but no regrets. They were all freakin delicious.

Then, we decided to watch the avengers (which to me was alright. It was really fun to watch and all, but I wouldn't watch it again and again?) with his cousins, which is A BIG NEWS since I have only met his cousin once and that was the first time "meeting" his family!

I convinced him that it is a great idea for me to meet his two cousins hahaha. And they warmed up to me pretty quickly! I'm a nice person! HAH! win for me!

 I got this for the movie snack. love love love. I love this brand of chocolate!

Then, we dropped them off! And off we went to (my initial wish destination was downtown disney, but it was a Friday which means hell hole) The block of Orange, which turned out to be a TERRIBLE idea since we couldn't even find parking.

So, disappointed we left, and headed for my house.

Then, a brilliant idea came to my head! Let's go to the Maverick Theater to watch their weekly Improv Shmimprove show!

I used to go often in my high school days since it is SO funny and only $5!

Even though it starts at 11 PM, and I suggest that you get there like 15 minutes before just in case it fills up.

Anyways, I wanted to take my brother with us since it feels like he doesn't get out much lol.

While we waited for time to pass, the bf and I walked my dog around the neighborhood and laughed at her unathleticism and the followed adorable-ness(?).

And finally off we went to the show!

SO FREAKIN FUNNY. and so very hipster, the crowd was lol.
I was initially concerned that it wouldn't be funny since I haven't been in a while and my sense of humor... well.. let's just say is not SUPER sophisticated hahahaha. But, of course they were as impressive as ever! and the bf and broho really enjoyed the show!
Basically, the premise is they have two teams consisting of 3 ppl, and they battle it out with different improv games. Hil-A-RIOUS.

And you can actually roll the dice when you pay for the ticket. If you win against the host, you don't pay; if you lose, you pay $10. Being the unadventurous shmuck, I opted out and just paid the flat $5, along with my sensible bf and broho.

But, it was hilarious overall, and I've been meaning to pay the theater a visit anyways! 2 birds w/ 1 stone.
(:

Brought back a lot of high school memories.

But, seriously.. when did EVERYTHING "downtown" get so effing HIPSTER?
hipsters are taking over the world..

concerned,

Hayon

No comments:

Post a Comment