15.5.12

Done #9: Mother's Day Brunch!

So, it was Mother's Day yesterday, and I whipped up a few dishes to celebrate my mom!

I decided on two main dishes:

Curried quinoa stuffed onion





&
Scallops with strawberry salsa





I bought most of the ingredients from Trader Joe's!
The scallop dish was pretty easy to make. But, the onion dish was a biatch to make.
It is HARD to take the inside out of the onion shell, even after you cook it. I ended up with a tube of onion lol. So, I made it into a bowl by adding pieces of onion layer on the bottom.

But, these two dishes didn't seem hardy enough (at least for my fat ass lol), so I made another dish.

Scrambled eggs with onion and ham (I had a lot of freakin onion left over)



Overall, my mom was happy! haha
My dad wasn't.. He would be happier with rice and soup.. not this menu.
well, no matter since it's MOTHER's day.. not FATHER's day.

Success!

Blossoming chef,

Hayon

No comments:

Post a Comment