6.5.12

Fun #4: Go running with my dog in the morning

So, it's always been this glorified fantasy of mine to take my dog for a run.

I mean I have done it before, but it's been like 4 years since the last time.
Yes, I am that horrible dog owner that doesn't take my dog out for a walk.
Yes, my dog is out of shape.
Yes, my dog is overweight. Well, I mean not REALLY. She's a little chubs, but she's been on a diet (that I control, obviously), so she actually lost a good amount of weight. So..
NO, my dog is not overweight.. lol
Yes, my dog is cute regardless of her weight.



But, it always sounds so amazing when someone says, yea I take my dog out for a run every morning.

Now that I am home.. WHY NOT!?

So, I actually did it this morning.
Oh, how fantasies differ so drastically from reality.

It started out all fine. My mom took Milkie (my dog) while I ran into get water. She peed once and ran to the trail.

Then, it just went downhill from there, figuratively not geographically.

Milkie got tired from that 30 second run from my house to the trail. lol.
Then, her desperate panting began, and she could not move faster than a dog power walk.
And during a 30 minute "run," Milkie stopped to pee 3 times (2 of them were like.. squeezing out the last drop of liquid from her body.. maybe as an excuse to just rest.. lol) and pooped twice.
And, she sounded like she was suffering so badly that I actually carried her back home.
I CARRIED HER.

She looks tiny, but omg. And just the whole irony was definitely not lost on me or my mom. Running with the dog ended with my running and carrying the dog while Milkie panted in my arms.

Even by the time we got home, she was still pretty much dying.

We actually got worried about the possibility of a heart attack lol.

Then, we washed her with cool water, and she calmed down a bit.

But, overall, I did not get much exercise done since I had to slow down and walk to accommodate Milkie. However, it was pretty hilarious. lol

This is why I need to stop thinking that my life can be glamorous lol. It ends up being more funny than anything anyways. And I think I actually prefer it that way haha.

But, this doesn't mean that I'm going to give up on running with my dog. I need to exercise anyways. So, I'll try again! and again and again, until my dog is in a better shape and can outrun me with her short little legs <3.

Not tired,

Hayon

No comments:

Post a Comment