13.5.12

Done #8: Boardgame Night!

I really love board games.
They bring people together and act as a great excuse to get away from all the technology and really bond people.
And they are just plain fun.

So, to celebrate my graduation and just to have a small get together, I invited a few of my friends to my house for dinner/board game/ wine&cheese night!

I cooked dinner which consisted of chili and cornbread!
I used this recipe for the chili. I tweaked it a little bit with more spices and thai chili peppers to REALLY SPICE THINGS UP! and I simmered it for 3+ hours. It actually turned out DELICIOUS! (:
especially with the cornbread that Jenn made. We used Trader Joe's cornbread mix.

I've accumulated a lot of board games over the years. Some I bought with Jenn and Some I bought for myself.

We ended up playing Jenga, Pass the Popcorn (a movie trivia game in which I played the moderator because the game stresses me out lol), Cranium (so much fun! - Chris & I won btw) and Harry Potter Clue game (Chris won, but BY LUCK! I could've won ): ). hahaha
It was just so entertaining making a fool out of ourselves and really let loose!

As for the wine and cheese, Jenn brought a white wine, and we put some frozen berries, kiwi, canned pineapple and apples to make sangria. And Jane brought brie cheese and some sort of blue cheese that I cannot remember the name of (maybe stilson or something???) and water crackers. For the fruity part of the evening, lol, Chris brought A LOT of apples and grapes, and they were so delicious with the cheese.
And Chandler kindly brought TJoe's cheesecake! yummmmm.

It was just an evening of gluttony and laughter and good company.
(Ina Garten much???) lol

We ended it with taboo and just chatting about movies.

I loved it!
Now I am actually really tired. I'll sleep well, hopefully. I haven't been sleeping too well lately, so yea..
A lot on my mind.

But, tonight really brightened up my weekend!
Now for tomorrow's Mother's Day Brunch! (:
I have the menu all planned out. I'll post it later since 1 post a night seems good enough for me.

Satisfied,

Hayon

No comments:

Post a Comment